- George Soros, Investor and Philanthropist
- Thierry Baudon, Managing Partner, Mid Europa Partners
- Nikolaus Bethlen, Chairman of HVCA; Partner, Mid Europa Partners
- Joep Brouwers, Vice Director of Brainport Development, Eindhoven
- Geert Duysters, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation,Tilburg University, Scientific Director, Brabant Centre of Entrepreneurship, Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology
- Balázs Fejes, SVP & Global Head-Financial Services Business Unit and Co-Founder, EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Mel Horwitch, Dean and University Professor of CEU Business School
- Alicja Kornasiewicz, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- Toby Mansel-Pleydell, Senior Banker, Credit Suisse
- Péter Oszkó, former finance minister of Hungary, CEO, Portfolion
- Jacek Siwicki, Enterprise Investors
- Jiri Svarc, Executive Director, JP Morgan
- Rafael Szczepaniak, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Béla Szigethy, Co-CEO and Founder, The Riverside Company
A unique outlook on the CEE market!
The HVCA (Hungarian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association) organises for the fifteenth time, in cooperation with Portfolio.hu, for the fifth time, and for the first time with CEU Business School as a Strategic Knowledge Partner, the most significant industry conference for corporate finance and venture capital professionals within the region.
This year, we are particularly proud to have as special guest global investor and philanthropist George Soros, founder of Budapest-based Central European University. Mr Soros will share his perspectives on how to foster innovation and entrepreneurship in the region.
The conference will be split in two parts. The morning session is dedicated to innovation, entrepreneurship and venture capital. Topics include how a start-up business became a global success story (EPAM), how a world-class innovation and entrepreneurship cluster was built (Eindhoven) and what lessons can be drawn for the region and beyond of the highly successful JEREMIE program in Hungary.
The afternoon session will focus on private equity and corporate finance: Béla Szigethy will explain how a global investor like Riverside looks at CEE’s potential compared to other regions. In the Private Equity and Corporate Finance panels the region’s pre-eminent investors (Enterprise Investors, Mid Europa Partners, The Riverside Company) and leading global investment banks (Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley) will focus on the state of the buyout market as well as discussing deal flow and M&A activity.
PLACE: Hilton Budapest, Buda Castle (1014 Budapest, Hess András tér 1-3. HUNGARY)
Hotel Information, Map & Location
REGISTRATION FEE: HUF 109,000 + VAT (EUR: 370 + VAT)
- 30% for Members of HVCA
- 10% discount is available for 2 registrations
- 20% on 3 or more
- 10% for members of HVCA’s domestic and international partner associations